Monday, April 1, 2013

Lies, Mo-Jo, Photos and Music

I awoke today with more than my share of motivation!

Plowed through work and had a very productive day, and headed home looking forward to a nice run in the bright sunshine and 40-degree weather.  I had a great run on Saturday - 6.2 miles in about and hour and 15 minutes - and a light, easy three miler was on tap for this evening.

Once through the warm-up, the first few minutes of running were troubling.  Heavy legs.  But my mo-jo was in overdrive, so I used a beginners' trick:  run for 5 minutes, take a short break, then get going again.  (Besides, the dog had some business to attend to.)  I must always remember when this happens:  my legs are liars.  They are insipid, fickle, lazy things, and they sometimes lie.  They are NOT made of lead.  They are light as air, they are strong and full of energy.  Knocked out the 2.5-mile running portion of today's route in about 32 minutes.  Not too shabby for someone with legs of iron, huh?

So, I guess I'm going in reverse order today.  Sunday, Easter, was lovely.  No exercise, too much food, lots of good conversation with great company over at grandma's house. There was pie.  And plenty of it.  With Cool Whip topping.  Oh, yeah.  That happened.


But in keeping with my reverse timeline for the weekend, my Sunday morning weigh-in was a big surprise!  You may recall that last Sunday I had been celebrating and eaten too much food the night before, and found the scale sadly increased by 1.5 pounds.  This week, I had NOT eaten my weight in Mexican food the night previous.  In fact, I had a pretty reasonable week, food-wise, and was reasonably active.  And I was rewarded!  Down 3.5 pounds from the previous weigh-in.  Okay, so let's ignore last week's weigh-in debacle, even if I discount that, it's a full 2 pounds down over two weeks - WAHOO!

This may have something to do with my big mo-jo surge today - I realized after the weigh-in that I am now 20.5 pounds from my goal weight!  This I find very encouraging.  I did a bit of research after this little revelation and found that I'm just shy of my lowest weight in five years.  The last time I was near this weight (165.5 as of today) was in May 2008 when I logged in at 162.0.  This was after a year or so on Weight-Watchers.  That was where I got stuck, and where I stayed, until I started gaining the weight back.  But I'm getting off-track... that story's for another post.

Back-tracking to Saturday:  an absolutely gorgeous day for a run, and boy, did I take advantage of it.  I had been out the night before with friends, out of town, at a concert (more on that in a bit... reverse timeline, remember?) and got home around 2am.  I just couldn't sleep at that point, and didn't sleep well once I did pass out.  I think I ended up sleeping from about 3am to 7am.  Oh well, sometimes that's just the price you pay for a FREAKING AWESOME night!  I had some cereal and coffee, watched TV for a bit, and got Coty ready for some Action.  I'm doing my LONG runs every OTHER week, and this was my off-week, so my long run was relatively short:  a practice 10k.  I really didn't know if I'd have the energy for it after the night I'd had, but I'd planned out a new route on MapMyRun as early as Tuesday and had been working to memorize it all week.  I was looking forward to trying it out.  Good thing for the planning; otherwise I may have wimped out and done a much shorter run!  Not much to say about it other than I really enjoyed it, and was really proud of myself for the follow-through.

After the run, I made those pies.  And they.  Were.  Amazing.  I'm really good at that.  Then I was heading out for our usual Saturday night festivities but Jason had to run some errands with his brother and I was left alone after 8pm and no longer knew what to do with myself.  Obviously, I chose to do my makeup and then take a picture of myself:

Now to the most fun part of today's post:  Friday night's concert!  It was a last-minute invitation and I'm SO glad my friends called.  I went to see GREEN DAY - one of my favorite bands - and with two of my very favorite people, former co-workers and dear friends, and members of the band I often go and see - Triple Charge Time.

Here we are before and during the show:


The show was fantastic - as you may expect, very high-energy - they played nearly all of my favorite songs, including several that are in frequent-rotation on my running playlist, and especially "Know Your Enemy" which may well be my favorite of their songs.  I can't say enough good things about the show!!

Our seats were fantastic - relatively close in a smallish venue - here are a couple of shots I got with my phone:




So that's my weekend wrap-up and weigh-in report for a Monday night.  I hope your weekend and your Monday were as fun-filled and action-packed as mine were!  Keep that mo-jo working all week long!!

Oh, and don't forget to "Like" my page on Facebook!

Know Your Enemy lyrics:

Do you know the enemy?Do you know your enemy?Well, gotta know the enemy, wah hey
Do you know the enemy?Do you know your enemy?Well, gotta know the enemy, wah hey
Do you know the enemy?Do you know your enemy?Well, gotta know the enemy, wah hey
Violence is an energyAgainst the enemyWell, violence is an energy, wah hey
Bringing on the furyThe choir infantryRevolt against the honor to obey
Overthrow the effigyThe vast majorityWell, burning down the foreman of control
Silence is the enemyAgainst your urgencySo rally up the demons of your soul
Do you know the enemy?Do you know your enemy?Well, gotta know the enemy, wah hey
Do you know the enemy?Do you know your enemy?Well, gotta know the enemy, wah hey
The insurgency will riseWhen the blood's been sacrificedDon't be blinded by the lies in your eyesSing!
Well, violence is an energy, oh ay, oh ayWell, from here to eternity, oh ay, oh ayWell, violence is an energy, oh ay, oh ayWell, silence is the enemy so gimme gimme revolution!
Do you know the enemy?Do you know your enemy?Well, gotta know the enemy, wah hey
Do you know the enemy?Do you know your enemy?Well, gotta know the enemy, wah hey
Do you know the enemy?Do you know your enemy?Well, gotta know the enemy, wah hey
Overthrow the effigyThe vast majorityBurning down the foreman of control
Silence is the enemyAgainst your urgencySo rally up the demons of your soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d be delighted if you’d join me on Facebook or check out my previous posts. I welcome your comments!
- CPAGrrrl