Friday, February 28, 2014

They Called Her Rissa Bear

I had intended to maintain radio silence today in honor of my family's loss, but decided it was meaningless unless folks knew why.  My cousin's daughter, just 2 years old, was a warrior.  She lost her battle last week and the family gathers today to celebrate her life.  She was beautiful, sweet and had a profound impact on everyone who met her.  The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to Unique, the Rare Chromosome Disorder Support Group.  If you are so inclined, please donate and let them know Rissa sent you.  They work to provide information and support for families and caregivers of children like Rissa, and their work was meaningful to my cousin and all her family.

Other friends and family members created the following tributes to Rissa.






Fare thee well, little Warrior.
I know my family is holding tight to one another today. And my heart is with them.

I'll be back with my regularly-scheduled programming in my next post.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d be delighted if you’d join me on Facebook or check out my previous posts. I welcome your comments!
- CPAGrrrl