Sunday, March 10, 2013

No coincidence

Today has been a whirlwind!  The past week was a little rough on the old diet and exercise plan... a 12-hour workday on Monday (including lunch at *gasp!* Buffalo Wild Wings), good workout followed by pizza on Tuesday, group run Wednesday (and pretty clean eating all day - a win!), working out of town again on Thursday (let's just say there were cookies involved and not talk about it)...

But I was back to routine for the weekend - a terrific group run Saturday morning - the group raised over $1,000 for the local Child Protection Network!!  I had a bunch of housework to do and was afraid if I did a long run I'd be too tired to get to it, so I kept it short - 3.5 miles, about 40 minutes.  Spent the rest of the day doing laundry & various housekeeping.

Saturday night was the usual round of debauchery... er, I mean a fun night out!

And today, Sunday... Weigh In Day.  I was a little bit dreading it.  Anyone in their right mind would, considering the week I had.  So here's the damage:

I was down 0.8 pounds!  Believe you me, I must have checked it 6 times.  Put me at exactly 168.0 - my "mini-goal" weight set nearly six months ago!  So a goal achieved today!!

This puts my BMI at 28.8.  I set a new goal of 10 more pounds, which will put me at BMI of 27.  Let's hope this takes less than 6 months!

Here's what I have to say about all this:
a)  I set that last goal in late September, just before the busy budgeting season at my old job.
b)  That's about when I really found out just how much I didn't like that job.
c)  I lost a total of 2.4 pounds between then and the first day on the new job.
d)  Since starting the new job (which I'm loving), four weeks ago, I've lost 2.2 pounds.
Coincidence??  I think not.

On with my day:  since yesterday's run was shorter, I had a long run planned today.  I took Coty to the Lake and we did the normal 4.4-mile "lollipop" route, but extended it by running the "loop" portion twice.  It was raining, but not too bad.  Mostly sprinkling, but with occasional bouts of real rain.  It would rain really good for five minutes or so, and then pass us by and go back to sprinkling / light rain.  The weather was WARM (yes, 50 degrees definitely counts as "warm" for mid-March in Illinois).  There was still some snow on the ground in places, which created this really neat mist here and there that we got to run through.  I ended up running 6.75 miles in just about 1 hour, 24 minutes.  

I can't wait to see how I fare in the St. Patrick's Day 5k next Sunday.  I'm super excited about it - it's on a Sunday, Jason's day off, so he's going to volunteer at the finish line - I get to have my hubby waiting for me at the finish line, and we get to drink some green beer afterward!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d be delighted if you’d join me on Facebook or check out my previous posts. I welcome your comments!
- CPAGrrrl