Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Random Thoughts and a Lunch Recap

I started writing this post on Monday, but got pulled away and didn't get back to it until today (Wednesday), so bear with me if I do a little time-shifting as we go along today...

I'm definitely feeling the effects of yesterday's long run today.  I have that Good muscle-soreness that tells me I worked hard yesterday, building strength and endurance train my body to do more the next time I head out.  I honestly have grown to love that feeling.  Makes me happy, knowing I've done good for me

I don't have a lot of interesting stuff to report so far this week on the exercise front.  I took a cue from my body and had a lovely 2-mile walk on Monday, basically a recovery day from the long run, and Tuesday I worked in our Out Of Town office, which is a 90-minute commute each way, so it was a long day with no exercise after work.

Food-wise, it's been another erratic week but I'm working to keep myself on track today.  That could have been a disaster today but think it worked out... here's what happened.  After getting up at 5:15am Tuesday, I was inexplicably AWAKE until after midnight, leading to oversleeping a bit this morning and a frenzied attempt to get out the door on time, which lead to packing a "lunch" which consisted only of random raw veggies (carrots & zucchini), about 2 tablespoons of french onion dip to go with them, an orange, and an apple.  Oh and the breakfast I grabbed was only half of a nomal breakfast... a single 130-calorie portion of yogurt!  I knew I'd have to get something more substantial if I was going to make it through the day. 

Lunch time rolled around and I headed out to run some errands.  I decided to stop in at this Super Gyros place around the corner.  I got a regular gyro, no sauce.  Now, I'm sure you've had these before - but I'm not sure what the bread is called... is it a pita?  is it Na'an bread?  Whatever, it's a cross between a pita and a tortilla, a small round of bready stuff, with a relatively large portion of meat - I think it's a combination of lamb and beef made into a sort of sausage - but the meat seems pretty lean.  No fries, no drink, no chips.  [Note to self:  should have taken a picture of it but you ate the damn thing so fast, there is now only an empty paper bag.]

I have no idea what the stats are on this thing, nutrient / calorie-wise, but it was delicious and now that I've had some time to digest it, I don't feel overly full, just satisfied.  I ate some of my raw veggies and about half of the dip with it.  I'm gonna guess it was in the neighborhood of a 600-700 calorie meal.

With all that said, I think I might be okay for my calories for the day, because I have a longish run planned for this evening:  5 mile Tempo Run with the Ride The Wave group.

So there's your mid-week update - happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d be delighted if you’d join me on Facebook or check out my previous posts. I welcome your comments!
- CPAGrrrl