Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chris, did you quit blogging already?

No I guess I haven't quit blogging.  If I thought anyone was really following, I would feel bad about not posting for a couple of weeks, but since this is so new, I know no one is counting on me for posts.

I was planning to ease off of running a little after the Race for the Cure - cut back to twice a week instead of 4-5 runs a week.  I was getting a little "twinge" in my leg that I thought might be an indication that I needed a little break.  The "little break" turned into two straight weeks of having NO EXERCISE!! Ack!  Nope, none at all, with the exception of a couple of dog walks (no running) and some gardening.  This wasn't entirely a consequence of laziness:  there was all sorts of hell breaking out at work and I was crazy busy and my husband generously took care of Coty for me on a number of occasions. 

After a couple of weeks off, my first time back was rough, but Coty and I suffered through a 4-mile run/walk on a REALLY hot morning, to kick off Memorial Day weekend.  It was a busy weekend; we were throwing a party Sunday afternoon so Saturday was filled with frantic housecleaning, picking up provisions, and I even squeezed in a manicure.  The good news is, when I weighed in on Sunday morning, I found I'd lost nearly 3 pounds - so not too much damage done by the break!!

The party went off pretty much without a hitch - TONS of food, WAY too much beer & other indulgences, LOTS of good friends hanging out in the back yard telling jokes and stories till way too late.  Good stuff.

Monday is a blur of hydration, Advil, and television.  Recovery day.  I managed to sit outside & read for a while, but the sunlight eventually got to be too much for me.

This week, I expect another crazy week at work, and limited time for exercise, but will be carefully watching everything I eat and make sure not to overdo it.  I'm gonna try to get out to the Lake for TNAM on Thursday for our third of six qualifying runs in our 8-week program.  There's still time to get all 6 runs in before time runs out!

Lastly, I recently found out my running group is organizing an event in September.  The event will include a 5K, 10K, and 1/2-marathon.  I decided to register for the 10K - still too scared to try for the half.  I'm going to take some shit from my running friends when they find out, but I'd love to try another 10K and see if I can finally improve my time!

So that's it.  I'm back.  Still at it.  Not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d be delighted if you’d join me on Facebook or check out my previous posts. I welcome your comments!
- CPAGrrrl