Here you have it:
Reminder in case you haven't been paying attention:
My goal for 2013 is to run, walk and / or bike 500 miles as quickly as possible.
The other Challenge items for this year are:
- Ultimate mileage goal is to run/ walk 500 miles (excluding bike miles).
- Complete my first half marathon race (or, you know, two).
5K race time under 35 minutes.DONE
- 10K race time under 1 hour 10 minutes.
Test Mile time under 10 minutes.DONE
I ran this month's miles for:
Additional stats for this month and year-to-date:
Random facts for May:
- Trips to Lake Bloomington: 2 / Evergreen Lake: 1
- Number of Test Miles: 0 - my training schedule with long runs didn't allow space for this!
- Longest distance in a single run: 9.0+ (walked to and from the start, another 1.5 miles)
- Hotel workouts: 1
- Number of races: 3
- Number of new PR's: 3**
- Best 5k time: 34:13.58**
- Group runs: Zero
- Runs cancelled or altered due to weather conditions: 0
- Weight change for the month: +0.2 lbs. Well, the bleeding has stopped, but still not heading in the right direction there.
June 15: Steamboat Classic (Peoria, IL) 4-mile
Month of June: Thursday Night Accumulative Marathon (TNAM) results will be in by the end of the month!
July 4: Park 2 Park (from Bloomington to Normal, IL) 5-mile
- (April) Christie Clinic 2013 Illinois marathon 10K (goal time: 1:10:00) actual time: 1:11:29 Race recap here.
- Lake Run 12k (first time racing this distance) (goal time 1:30:00) actual time: 1:30:24.6. Race recap here.
- **Race to Wrigley 5k (goal - have fun and raise money for a great cause!) actual time: 34:13.58 - here's the asterisk: that time would be a PR, but my Garmin indicated the distance was slightly less than a full 5k - 3.07 miles... so the PACE works out to just slightly OVER my best time for 5k. You can judge for yourself. I'm taking the PR. Race recap here.
- Run River City Marathon Relay (first time in a relay!) (goal: depends on which leg I'm running.) I ran the last and longest leg: 7.5 miles. Given that, I made my goal time 1:30 (same as Lake run, as similar distance) - actual time: 1:38 - that was a tough run, very hot and I think all that racing took a toll! Race recap yet to come.