Monday, June 25, 2012

Oh, Poor Puppy!


This is a bit off-topic for the blog, but had to share.

Coty went into the front yard this afternoon, sat down in the grass... then yelped! Turned around and started biting and licking her hindquarters.  Then I saw a big, fat, yellow bumblebee fly out from under her butt!  She sat on a bumblebee!  It was clear she'd been stung by the little bugger.  She snapped at it a few times in protest but then was so distracted by the sting, she let it go and went back to licking her leg.

I called the vet to ask if there was anything to worry about.  He said if she appeared to be having an allergic reaction, we could give her a dose of Benadryl.  She calmed down and let up on the licking after a few moments, so I made a judgement call.  We went on our planned run and I kept a close eye on her, willing to turn around any time she made a protest.

She did well with our run, a little over 3 miles, not much limping and didn't stop to try & lick her leg or anything.  But now, poor thing, she's limping around like a three-legged dog.  Really favoring her leg.  Once we get her up and walking around a bit, it seems like it loosens up, but she's definitely got some swelling and soreness.

Oh, poor puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d be delighted if you’d join me on Facebook or check out my previous posts. I welcome your comments!
- CPAGrrrl