Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunday, Lazy Sunday

Saturday night, Jason and I went out to dinner, celebrating... my new job!  Yes, last week was pretty stressful as I was offered, and accepted, a new position and gave notice at my current job.  I've got two short weeks left to transition my responsibilities to my temporary replacement.  It is NOT going to be easy.

photo credit: smartblue via photopin cc
So anyway, we had a gift card for Outback Steakhouse so we headed there for dinner and a few drinks to celebrate the beginning of another new beginning.  I had a sirloin & salad, and splurged on the lobster mac & cheese, but only ate about 1/2 of it - too much cheese for me, it was a little overwhelming.  (I know, "too much cheese" - is there really such a thing?  Turns out, yes.)  We skipped the appetizer & dessert in favor of a second round of drinks (Ketel One Citron & water for me).  Not too bad calorie-wise for a dinner out, but I didn't stop there... once home, we broke out some sparkling wine, and boom, there's the killer for the day... That's another 500 to 700 calories!
YIKES!

Well that's that... had a great food & exercise week but my calorie-count was blown for the whole week in one night.  But it was a great night, well worth it.

Sunday's weigh in was a disappointment - no change at all.  I suppose it was to be expected, but I really had it in my head that I'd be down a pound or so for the week.  I spent the day having a little pity-party, or maybe I was just hungover.  In either case, I was (still am) pretty achy and stiff and sore in a hundred places which I'm attributing primarily to the header I took Saturday at the Lake.  Plus it was really cold out so I wasn't much prepared to go for another run.  I did take Coty for a quick one-mile walk but I wouldn't call it "exercise."

Monday will be a new day, and a new week begins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d be delighted if you’d join me on Facebook or check out my previous posts. I welcome your comments!
- CPAGrrrl