Thursday, March 7, 2013

Planking it

Random thought of the day: 
There are few things worse than a gym-bag full of frozen athletic wear.

This was my thought as I headed to the gym on Tuesday this week.  It was snowing (AGAIN!) and my gym bag had been in the trunk of the car all day!

Highlights of this week's Cross-Training:  20 minutes on the bike, interval training, level 5 (still hard but getting easier) = 5.5 miles, max heart-rate 150.  Weight training:  arms, shoulders, core.

Core work was where it got interesting.  Here is what the iPersonalTrainer had in mind this week:

Swiss Ball Plank Rotation - harder than it looks!  Three sets of this, 5 rotations in each direction.




Swiss Ball Plank - Feet on Bench - difficult to get in position; VERY difficult to STAY in position for 30 seconds... three times.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, love that plank on the bench! Will have to try that when I get back to it.

    ReplyDelete

I’d be delighted if you’d join me on Facebook or check out my previous posts. I welcome your comments!
- CPAGrrrl