Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Where I've Been, Part 1

Image courtesy of anankkml / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Last week, I said "over the next few days or so... " I will be reflecting on my previous excursions on the path to a healthy body.  Knowing my proclivity toward procrastination, perhaps it would have been prudent to say "over the next few weeks..."  In any case, this is my version of getting started.

I want to start by reiterating that this blog is something I do for my own benefit.  As motivating as it is to think that others sometimes read it, that there are those who appreciate these writings, who get some benefit from reading it (the same way that I get something out of reading other blogs) - whether it's inspiration, motivation, ideas, tools, tricks for staying on track, recipes, workout tips, or just the comfort of a shared experience - As much as that idea motivates me (after all, i could be writing all this stuff in a private diary rather than posting it online for the world to see), at the end of the day, the blog is for my own benefit.

With that said, I don't feel the need to go into ancient history in trying to figure out all this stuff.  I didn't have a traumatic childhood experience that haunts me as an adult and needs exploring, and that is NOT what this is about.  (To steal a phrase from a blogger I read frequently:  "This is not that blog.")  Don't get me wrong, I had my share of painful and distressing experiences as a child and teen - some may even argue more than my share - but what's there is ancient history.  I'm a well-adjusted adult, pushing 40, and if I did still have lingering childhood issues, I doubt if a blog post would be the best forum to work it out!

So I'll start with reflecting on who, what, and where I was in early 2001.

You know, tomorrow.  
In the meantime, here's a pic from around that time:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d be delighted if you’d join me on Facebook or check out my previous posts. I welcome your comments!
- CPAGrrrl